If you own real estate if Sarasota, Fl, here are some tips on how to prevent water damage.
· Familiarize yourself with the location of the main shutoff valve for the water to the house. Also, know the locations of the shutoff valves for the hot water heater, washer, dishwasher, all sink faucets and showers, toilets and icemakers.
· Check all hoses for kinks. If kinks are present replace the hoses.
· Inspect toilets regularly. Make sure the toilets flush correctly. If the tank refills when not in use, replace the flapper. Inspect the water supply line. If there is noticeable wear or cracks, replace immediately.
· Washing machines. Check the hoses for wear and cracking. Washing machine manufactures recommend replacing the hoses every 5-6 years. You might consider switching to braided stainless steel hoses. Inspect the drain hose for wear and cracks. Make sure it is securely fastened to the drain pipe.
· Hot water heaters. Know the age of your hot water heater. The average life expectancy is 10 years. We recommend you replace your hot water heater after 10 years.
· Have your A/C unit serviced regularly.
· When you go on vacation, set the A/C for 78%. Temperatures above 80 degrees combined with 60% relative humidity are perfect conditions for the growth of mold.
· When you go on vacation, consider shutting off the main water supply to the house and turning off the hot water heater and refrigerator ice maker. If you shut the main water supply and do not turn off the hot water heater and ice maker you will damage them.
· If you plan on leaving your house for an extended period of time, hire a home inspection service.
· Keep the number of your plumber, A/C company and Superior Rapid Response handy.
Superior Rapid Response is the premier water damage restoration company in Sarasota, FL. Our goal is to offer high quality service in your time of need.
Superior Rapid Response is licensed, insured, bonded and has workers compensation.
We are an IICRC certified firm, company number 211590. The IICRC is recognized as the leading authority for establishing water damage restoration procedures, training and certifying technicians and companies.
Superior Rapid Response – Where modern technology meets good old fashion customer service.
To learn more about the water damage restoration services offered by Superior Rapid Response in Sarasota, Fl, contact us today at 941-923-3610.